Caden

Caden
My little chef

Friday 30 April 2010

Slow cooker sweet and sour pork recipe

My grandson has decided that he likes ripping paper; today he ripped one of my recipe cards, so I sat and typed the recipe onto my computer. This then led to this post being written. Hope you like it.
I am in love with my slow cooker; nearly all my recipes have been converted to slow cooking.
Anyone with small children or a busy lifestyle I would recommend that you invest in one, meals literally cook themselves whilst you do other things.
 I am seriously thinking of buying a second as then both my main and puds can be cooked without me having to bother about them. Steamed puds are the lightest when done this way.


This is what we are having today, it’s a family favorite.
Slow cooker sweet and sour pork
Ingredients
1lb lean pork, cubed
oil for frying
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
Pinch of ginger
Salt and pepper
Enough orange juice to cover the meat
cornflour to thicken at end of cooking
Method
Brown pork cubes in a little oil

Easy peasy next just add everything to your slow cooker and cook for about 6 hours.
(except cornflour)
Mix 2 tbsp of corn flour with a small amount of water and add to your slow cooker.
Stir in gently as not to break up the pork too much.
When it thickens it’s done.
Serve with rice or noodles, and stir fried oriental veg.
Yuuuuummmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment